Skip to main content

the LOVE Menu


Two weeks ago, Organic Avenue opened a new store on Lexington Avenue (and 55th).  I have been so excited ever since I heard it was coming and couldn't wait for opening day!  It's a vegan diva's delight!  Raw, healthy deserts (is there such a thing, really?), freshly pressed juices, nut mlyks along with wholesome, tempting treats!  Their menu is called "the LOVE* menu" --  Live. Organic. Vegan. Experience. 

As soon as I entered, I was greeted with a green juice sample - fresh with a nice hint of ginger.  Although the place is pricey, it's a welcoming healthy option and offers a different variety of fresh food than the regular eyesores in midtown, i.e., pizza, burgers, and deli's.

I browsed through the store, checking out all future snack options, until I heard the Chia Seed Tapioca calling me. Hmm!  Couldn't decide between the Blueberry Chia Seed Tapioca and the Vanilla Chia Seed Tapioca.  Decisions, decisions!  I gave in to the Vanilla Chia Seed Tapioca, which was handed to me in a cute bright orange, Organic Avenue tote bag.  I think I'll go for the Blueberry one next time.

Nice mid-week, mid-day treat. :D


Freshly Pressed Juices, Nut Mylks and Soups

I am looking forward to trying the Chai Smoothie.  Hope they have special promotions for frequent shoppers like the manicure places - 11th manicure free, 11th Chai Smoothie free??!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Before You Clean

Spring is finally here! It reached almost 60 ° F in the metropolitan area and it's going to be 75 ° F tomorrow! Before you put on your gloves and grab the Bounty to start your spring cleaning, check out what a recent World Health Organization landmark study reveals about common household chemicals at  Mercola.com . Want to know what is in your cleaning products? Visit the Environmental Working Group's  cleaner guides . Discover the benefits of a great alternative option -  Young Living's Thieves Household Cleaner , which I use along with baking soda, vinegar and liquid dishwashing soap. What are you going to use for your spring cleaning? Cheers to your Vibrant Health! Jyoti

People Come into Your Life for a Reason

Have you ever felt that you have met the person standing across from you before? Do you run into the same person twice in a day? Ever thought of someone and immediately hear from them or bump into them? Are you glad you made a new friend? Did an Angel help you today? Here's a popular poem for you to enjoy as you welcome this new season in your life: P eople come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person. When someone is in your life for a REASON , it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty; to provide you with guidance and support; to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end....

Mi Bella Chia

Chia Seeds Being Soaked Chia is one of the superfoods that has become ubiquitous.   This amazing seed can be used for so many purposes and has tremendous benefits:      1.        Highest plant source of Omega-3’s.   Chia seeds have more omega 3’s than salmon! 2.      More calcium than 2% milk 3.      High in fiber – even m ore than flax seed. 4.      Boosts your stamina – the Aztecs warriors used to take them. 5.      Use it as an egg replacer  ( soak 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds to ½ cup of water). 6.      Did I mention weight loss?   Chia seeds keep you fuller longer and control food cravings. 7.       Studies have shown that daily consumption of chia seeds have helped lower blood pressure. For information click here  Chia-for -Health  and to order go to  chia . Add 2 Tabl...